Dalton and Sophie's Mommy

Monday, September 12, 2011

Who knew School could keep a family so busy!

I'm blaming it on school anyway.  Life just seems to being going at blazing fast speeds these days!

So let's catch up shall we?

This little princess turned 1!!!!
She is my wild child! She has 4 teeth now...weighs 19.6 lbs and is 28 1/2 " tall.  There's not a food this girl has met that she didn't love.  She says "Mommy" "Dadda" "Bubba" "Hi Puppy" "Nice Baby" and "Thank you"  She's taking 5 to 7 steps at a time on her own.  She never wants to be carried anymore just wants me to hold her hand and walk everywhere with her.  I love this little princess...we play with babies and put on 3 different headbands a day.  She is growing up too quickly...I just need time to slow down we have so much to do during her childhood! OK so maybe I'm being a little dramatic...but I know how quickly it goes...

You see this fella right here?


Well he's in Kindergarten and doing great! He loves school except in his words "when mommy has to leave" he'd really like me to stay there all day with him.  But we've been taking baby steps and today I actually dropped him off in the car drop off lane without any tears or hesitation! Isn't it amazing how quickly you start teaching your children to be independent it's sad but I guess part of life right?

This is how everyday after school looked that first week! This no nap business took a while to get used to.  Last week he began the after school program. He got to ride a bus to go to the library.  He liked riding the bus but now way does he want to ride it to school :)

Between school, soccer practice, football practice and life we are just busy! I'm hoping my DVR doesn't catch fire from recording so much once my falls shows start airing because seriously who knows when I'll have time to watch it.

For now I enjoy every minute with these two little sweet hearts that rock my world...I'm sure one day I'll look back and wish I could have just one more crazy morning routine, school drop off line, soccer practice, homework, baby playing, unsteadily walking sort of day!



1 comment:

Rachel said...

She's such a cutie!
And poor guy - I've heard the lack of naps is the hardest thing for kindergarteners to adjust to. :S

And I love your new lists on the side: "People I know in real life" and "People I stalk" - so true! (Except I only have my "real life" ones listed. :P )