Dalton and Sophie's Mommy

Friday, May 25, 2012

Big Girl Bed

It's become apparent that our little girl is in need of a Big Girl bed.  So when a friend offered her bunk bed to us for free we jumped.  Now I know what you're thinking a bunk bed for an (almost) 2 year old.  What kind of parents are we? We most definitely do not plan on her having access to the top bunk.  So the quest began to find out what we could do with this bed to make it fun and lair for any little princess to lay her head. To Pinterest  (follow me) I went. And honestly I was hoping for some ideas than what I came up with. However I found one that I really love!


And I totally think my talented husband could pull this off...but right now he's building a shed so who knows when he'd have time. 

So now I'm thinking some sort of bed canopy.

Then the thoughts on color schemes...because I totally want her to have a sophisticated room...and we're moving out of the baby stage so I could see whatever we chose to last until she's like 5...right?




Apparently I'm thinking some sort of blue hue for her. I'm making this my summer project and I'd really like to have it complete before her birthday...so basically I have two months and 2 weeks! Yikes! Guess I better be getting busy.  If you have any ideas for that bunk bed contraption I'd love to hear them. 



1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love the turquoise idea for girls. I saw it with peach accents, and I fell in love. Although I really like that last picture with the dark pink accents.
I'm horrible with color schemes though. Which is why our house is still almost all white, except for one room.