Dalton and Sophie's Mommy

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Guilty Mommy Moment...and ramblings...

Oh boy what a week this is! Most of you peeps know that I work for a small town radio station and this week is our busiest week of the year. Our Home and Garden Expo PLUS sub-state basketball for all of the teams in our listening area...put on top of that...I am teaching 3 aerobics classes this week. Ugh so much going on!!! I haven't been able to spend more than 5 hours a day with my son and won't be able to until Sunday when we will have the whole complete day together. I feel so bad cause Rocky is working evenings and lil man just isn't getting to see his parents that much. I know that this is just one horrible week that he will probably not remember when he is 15 I just wish that there was some way I could possibly spend more quality time with him. Oh well maybe I'll hit the lottery!

You see I have this problem...and I'm going to admit it. I want to do everything. I want to be a mom and wife...I want to be a career woman...I want to be able to work out everyday...have a clean house...blog daily...spend time with my friends...go on bike trips...so much so little time. I know that life is short and I want to make sure that every bit of mine is engaging. I also can't tell people no. Sure I'll do that and then I feel guilty for not really wanting to do it. Is this making any sense??? This is a quality my husband hates about me!

March is becoming a busy month but I'm gonna make sure that I start to take a step back and reflect on decisions I make and how they will affect the rest of my family before I commit!!!!

1 comment:

Elaine's Semi-Homemade Life said...

I understand this completely! In fact, my entire blog is about it! The sad truth is that I see my kids for a half hour in the mornings and another hour and a half at night. It's sad. But I know it isn't forever!
And weekends.... our next free weekend is in May and I CANNOT WAIT!
Hope you get thru your busy times and get some time to relax!!