Dalton and Sophie's Mommy

Friday, August 7, 2009

My poor house...

...has been completely neglected this week. I have been working at 4:30 a.m. picking Dalton up at 1 bringing him home and napping until 3 when Rocky got home from work. Talk to him about stuff that I can't tell you about....yet! Then getting ready...go teach aerobics...come home and eat (because my husband has been awesome about cooking this week) give the kiddo a bath and fall into bed so that I can get up and do it all again the next day. So I'm really needing to get back into a cleaning schedule. Ok who am I kidding I've never had a real good cleaning schedule I basically do what HAS to be done and then clean like a crazy woman on the weekends. I don't want to be her anymore! Plus we're planning on finally remodeling the basement this fall/winter and make a storage room, family room and play room and that means instead of just stuffing junk downstairs I'll actually have twice the amount of space to clean.

I know this is a very interesting post about my house cleaning...but it has a point I need help on cleaning products. I need your tips for what you use to make the cleaning a little easier. #1 being a new mop...mine really just sucks...It seems like i've tried every brand out there without success...I was actually thinking of just getting rid of it and getting a shark steam cleaner for my tile floors...ew I hate grout by the way.

So have any tips send them here....life is getting ready to get crazier and I need all the advice I can get!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Good luck with your house-cleaning re-commitment! I'm working on that too....
If you do get that Shark, tell us how you like it. It looks like a good idea! All I know is not to use the sponge mops - at least I shred them (probably because of how dirty I let my floor get before I actually mop). Otherwise - it's Comet powder for the tub, comet spray for everything else in the bathroom, and plain ol' hot soapy water in the kitchen (you know, where I should be most worried about germs). Every time I hand-wash dishes, I wipe all the counters (all the way to the wall, moving stuff), wipe down the stove burners, and the microwave.
And now I feel motivated to go finish my kitchen....

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

How funny that you post this today... I've been debating on getting a steam cleaner all this week! Let me know if you get it and how well it works... my grout needs some serious help!