Dalton and Sophie's Mommy

Monday, July 27, 2009

Time to find part of the old me...

Before babycenter, facebook, myspace, blogging and twitter, I used to love to read...you know books. As a matter of fact once I get into a book it is almost impossible for me to put it down until I'm finished. And I really like the books that leave me desperately wanting more. I'm really feeling the need to disconnect from the internet a little bit. It's become almost an obsession for me. I can't go to bed without checking facebook and I can't start my work day without reading all of ya'lls awesome blogs...but I just need to do it a little less. I already took one step I had added the internet to my phone so I could use mobile facebook and twitter, but the obsession was taking over me so I cancelled it.

Any way what I'm trying to say is that I have been talked into reading the Twilight Series. I am planning on starting it tonight. I know the addicition is probably over by now, but honestly I had said I was not going to read them. After people started offering me their books I caved. So we'll see if I can't make myself put it down!

6 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

I totally understand!!! My hubby complains about my pc use all the time!

~Katie said...

I didn't even think the movie looked good, and I still don't. But when my 60-something year old coworker was reading them and LOVED them, I caved too. I'm almost through book 1....and I did so in 3 days. The first one at least is AWESOME! We'll see about the next 3 as I have time to read them!

Rachel said...

If a friend hadn't let me borrow them, I probably wouldn't have read them, either. Let me know what you think!
And I'm trying to cut down my internet time, too. My reasons are that I have no excuse for the shape my house is in, and that my son NEEDS me to play with him and talk to him. Plus the garden and outdoor work.... There's so many other healthier things I could do rather than sit on my duff here.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by via another SITS blog to just say hi! But I see you are on your way out to read, so I won't keep you. Hope you enjoy those books. I will stick with my gossip mags. That's my bad little obsession!

Audrey said...

What a small world! Do you know Jennifer Stanley (from Ottawa as well) too? Alli, Jennifer and I are all really good friends.

I'll have to start reading your blog now too!
Audrey

Anonymous said...

Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you