Dalton and Sophie's Mommy

Thursday, December 11, 2008

How many Calories!!!!


It's no secret that I want to lose some lb's...I'm thinking 15 to 20 to 30. I'm starting with 5! Anyway it is the holiday season for petes sake so therefor yummy holiday food is all around us. This Saturday as a matter of fact my friend Shannon and I are having a candy making day with our kiddos. ...Ok so I want to make those yummy Oreo Balls! Man they are so good. So I go online to get the recipe to start my grocery list and low and behold they have the recipe and nutritional value (or not so nutritional value). Can you believe these babies have 163 Calories per 1 ball!!!!! Yikes!!!! Here's the recipe in case you would like to spend all of your lunch calories on one piece of chocolate....

40 truffles (approximately)


Ingredients

* 1 lb Oreo cookies (3 sleeves)
* 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (using different extracts allows for subtle flavour changes...I've used mint extract, upped to 1 tsp) (optional)
* 1 lb milk chocolate
* 1/2 lb white chocolate

Directions


Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder.

With a mixer, blend cookie powder, cream cheese and vanilla extract until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese).

Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet.

Refrigerate for 45 minutes.

Line two cookie sheets with wax paper.

In double-boiler, melt milk chocolate.

Dip balls and coat thoroughly.

With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off.

Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.

In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate.

Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls.

Let cool.

Store in airtight container, in refrigerator


Good Thing we just got all new equipment at the gym I work at! I'll be using that free membership to it's fullest!

1 comment:

Grand Pooba said...

Oh no! I'm a sucker for a new recipe. Especially a chocolate one!

Last night I made white chocolate peppermint bark. Crap, I wonder how many calories each one of those has! Yikes!