Dalton and Sophie's Mommy

Friday, December 5, 2008

Yay! It's Sex And The City Night!!!

Have you seen it? What did you think? My girls and I are doing girls night tonight...Sex in the City Style. We will be having the SATC girls signature drinks watching the movie and learning to do the cha-cha. Yay for mommies who get the night off! Not once shall anyone mention our hubbies...children...or work. It's all about us tonight! Yes I am being selfish!

My son is probably going to throw one of his massive fits when I leave however. Last night I taught my first aerobics class in two weeks and he stayed home with daddy but started throwing one of these tantrums and bit his dad because I left. However I do have a plan. Bribery! Yep I'm not opposed to it. He is really into playing "games" now...so just as I'm about to leave he and daddy are gonna get a new special game and popcorn to play on daddy son night at home. Hopefully it works. Or else I could spend the whole evening feeling bad.

I truly believe that every mommy and daddy needs a little night away every once in a while from each other and the kids. This is our second girls night and after the first one I felt a little hung over yes but totally re-energized with my family!

TGIF!! Hope it's a great one!

4 comments:

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Aw, have fun! I forced my hubby to watch the movie with me--wasn't nearly as much fun as it would have been if I saw it with my girls. And don't worry about your little one--he'll be fine. Especially with bribes.

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Oh, I'm visiting from SITS--we're neighbors today!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to SITS! I sure hope you have fun tonight! I would give anything to have a fun mommy's night off with the girls like this! Live it up sista!

Rachel said...

Apparently I haven't read your blog in a while.... :S
I've gotten away for a few girls nights this fall. What I have to do is go and NOT CHECK IN!!! Because then I feel guilty.
I've actually managed more mommy nights out than date nights with my husband - how bad is that? I think we've only been on 4 or 5 dates since he was born over a year ago. Oh well - we could get out more, but we are all 3 real home-bodies.