Dalton and Sophie's Mommy

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Excuse Me! When did 26 become Old?

Two weeks ago I had a few high school teenage boys express how "old" I am. We have a 16 year old who works part time for us and one day he was telling us how his parents should really buy him a Mustang while he's still in his "prime" years. I chuckled and asked him what exactly the prime years of life were. His response was 15 to 21!!!!

The very next day our paper boy was trying to make small chat with me I guess...I'd say he was 14 to 16 somewhere in there. Anywho he asked me how old I was...like 21 or something and I said no I'm 26. His response "You look really good for your age"!!!

I still remember being that young I mean seriously I've only been out of high school for coming up on 9 years. I don't remember thinking that 20's were old though! I feel like I'm still an adolescent besides the fact that I'm a mom and wife and I have a mortgage and other bills to pay every month. I still feel like I'm in the learning years.

Who are we to decided what is "old"? I think we only as "old" as we let ourselves be. My dad just turned 50 this January and the man acts younger than a lot of guys I know in their 20's and 30's and I love him for that.

So to those teenage boys who think they're in their primes I say "You haven't even started living yet"!!!

8 comments:

Jolene said...

I bet those boys won't think that 26 is old once they get a bit older themselves. (I'm 26 too)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for coming by my blog.

I think those boys will change their tune when they are in their 20's... or 30's...

Please come back and visit any time!

Doublebanker said...

Closer to 30 than 20 now...

Check out my gif blog and contest that is going on a few more days!

Anjanette Young said...

Gee, I am 36. They would of thought I was geriatric!

You are still a young vivacious pup!!!

~Katie said...

That's ok. That same 16 year old indicated that my life was almost over when he found out I was 21. I think his perception is slightly distorted by some things that we have discussed about him before too....so I wouldn't let it bother you.

Instead, look at it as that you're still able to party with all the kids, but you know WAY more about what's actually fun....and what you're just doing cuz you're young and stupid. lol

Yellow Beads said...

26 is not old! lol.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Although 26 feels old when we're watching Sunday afternoon football and half the NFL players are younger than me. And ALL the college players.
I used to think 30 was SO OLD, but it's looking pretty friendly now. Especially since my husband will be there next year.